Underclassmen Declaring - 2024 Draft

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Love his power running, but he's always fucking hurt or "working through" something. Bit of a fumbler this year, too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love his power running, but he's always fucking hurt or "working through" something. Bit of a fumbler this year, too.
Looks like he runs pretty upright as well. Something you tend to get with these taller RBs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's a lot heavier, but how does he compare to Ollie Gordon?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I thought Rattler kind of resuscitated his draft stock this year. I think he ends up being a Day 2 draft pick.....3rd round.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought Rattler kind of resuscitated his draft stock this year. I think he ends up being a Day 2 draft pick.....3rd round.
Didn't even know he had eligibility left. Hasn't he been in college like 5 years now? Either way it makes sense for him to make the jump. He isn't going to improve his stock much. I think he is a day 3 guy but who knows, a lot will depend on how he works out and plays in the post season games like the Senior Bowl, or whichever game he ends up in.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Didn't even know he had eligibility left. Hasn't he been in college like 5 years now? Either way it makes sense for him to make the jump. He isn't going to improve his stock much. I think he is a day 3 guy but who knows, a lot will depend on how he works out and plays in the post season games like the Senior Bowl, or whichever game he ends up in.
He's been in college ball since 2019. He still had a redshirt year under his belt since he only played in a couple of games for OU in 2019. Also, that COVID year gave everyone an extra year. I'm partially banking on one of these teams falling in love with the "pedigree" and drafting him a round or two early.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's been in college ball since 2019. He still had a redshirt year under his belt since he only played in a couple of games for OU in 2019. Also, that COVID year gave everyone an extra year. I'm partially banking on one of these teams falling in love with the "pedigree" and drafting him a round or two early.
And they could. I mean if the guy shows a strong arm and good accuracy with shorts on I wouldn't be surprised. Especially when you combine that with the fact that he has a lot of snaps under his belt in college and put together a pretty good season this year. I think teams are going to value experience more in this draft at QB. That seems to be the newest lesson teams are relearning about college QBs.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I bet his stock rises predraft because he does have a lot of arm talent and he'll look good in the workouts.

He's a huge douchbag though. Extremely cocky and arrogant and not much of a leader. He might have improved on that somewhat the last year or two though, not sure... but I wouldn't count on it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Tech qb that got hurt is going to play another year (elsewhere thankfully) and it will be year 7 for him. Same situation with Covid plus he always gets hurt so I'm sure he had a medical redshirt.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Thoughts on the Michigan backs?
Blake Corum is as tough as nails (like, he eats broken glass for breakfast, tough), is thick, but he’s very small (5’8”) and has a bit of an injury history because he’s very physical for his size. He’ll probably run in the low-to-mid 4.4s, but I’m not sure if he’ll ever be anything other than a #2 RB in the NFL because of his size. He’s very similar to Kenneth Walker III in size and speed, but he’s a tougher runner than Walker, who’s more of a finesse player.

Donovan Edwards isn’t anything special as a runner because his field vision is suspect, but he’s solid. He isn’t terribly fast (he probably runs in the 4.5s, if I had to guess), but he’s fast enough. Good size, great burst, but lacks top end speed. He isn’t very agile, and goes down to arm tackles more than I’d like, but he’s a very solid receiver out of the backfield. He could put up very solid numbers in a WCO given his receiving ability. He reminds me a bit of Alvin Kamara when he was at UT.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blake Corum is as tough as nails (like, he eats broken glass for breakfast, tough), is thick, but he’s very small (5’8”) and has a bit of an injury history because he’s very physical for his size. He’ll probably run in the low-to-mid 4.4s, but I’m not sure if he’ll ever be anything other than a #2 RB in the NFL because of his size. He’s very similar to Kenneth Walker III in size and speed, but he’s a tougher runner than Walker, who’s more of a finesse player.
What is he 5'8"? That doesn't bother me at all as long as he still weights 215 pounds or so. To me being short isn't a hinderance as a RB. Barry Sanders was 5'8", Emmitt was 5'9". He is thick, which is really the more important thing. I do wonder if he is really a low 4.4's guy like Walker for example though. I think he is quick, and powerful but I've seen some long runs that just don't look all that fast to me when he could be running away from defenders. I'll get to see him abuse Iowa in the Big Ten Championship soon enough though so maybe my opinion on his speed will change.

Regardless he is one of the RB's that I'm sort of keeping an eye on for Dallas. I'm not moving on to the draft yet but certainly RB is on my mind. I like Pollard but I don't love him. And with the franchise tag there is a good chance he is gone after this year. The RB class looks like another one where you won't see a guy in the first round. Hell I don't think Bruglar has a RB in his top 50 right now. But I'm also sure you'll see a glut of RBs packed in that 2-4th round range.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just my personal eye test. Corum doesn't seem nearly as good as Walker. Agree with C-rock that he doesn't seem that fast.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Give me Tahj Brooks.

Top Bottom