TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm just now getting into Ted Lasso. It's not at all what I expected. I didn't expect it to be so wholesome and heartwarming.
It was until this last season.

It did teach me how to best suck up to a female boss, so that is nice.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It was until this last season.

It did teach me how to best suck up to a female boss, so that is nice.
I take it Ted turns heel somewhere along the way. That's just good old fashioned character development.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I take it Ted turns heel somewhere along the way. That's just good old fashioned character development.
His underling turned heel already.

I think the whole point is that the character is so positive, that will never happen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will have a week to my damn self including a weekend, so I am going on a binge.

I have started the first episode of my favorite shows in recent memory

Breaking Bad.

Mad Men.

It is amazing the things you miss if you did not watch the series from start to finish again.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just binged S3-7. I wonder why it didn't have the staying power of BB or the Sopranos. I guess viewers get off on violence.
Shit, I need to squeeze the Sopranos in there too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I will have a week to my damn self including a weekend, so I am going on a binge.

I have started the first episode of my favorite shows in recent memory

Breaking Bad.

Mad Men.

It is amazing the things you miss if you did not watch the series from start to finish again.
You have an entire week to yourself and you’re gonna… watch TV?

Hard core, man.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I just binged S3-7. I wonder why it didn't have the staying power of BB or the Sopranos. I guess viewers get off on violence.
It’s got to have the possibility of sex, violence, a bit of the fantastic, badass acting, a heist, or be really, really funny to keep my attention for long.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have a question about reboots.

Why has Hee Haw never been remade?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Why has Hee Haw never been remade?
You may have answered your own question

I'd like to think the country music industry wants to shed a bit of that hick image.

But it's likely mainly because people used to watch it because it was the only fucking thing on TV at the time.

TikTok beats that garbage 10 out of 10 times. Hell, repeats of most shows ever aired would slaughter Hee Haw unless they radically changed the format and got country music's biggest producers to back it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You may have answered your own question

I'd like to think the country music industry wants to shed a bit of that hick image.

But it's likely mainly because people used to watch it because it was the only fucking thing on TV at the time.

TikTok beats that garbage 10 out of 10 times. Hell, repeats of most shows ever aired would slaughter Hee Haw unless they radically changed the format and got country music's biggest producers to back it.
I don’t think country music wants to shed the hick image. That would be suicidal.

Thorn

The Homo Depot
Shit, I need to squeeze the Sopranos in there too.
Don't know if you ever gave it a look when it first aired but I just started a rewatch of Six Feet Under. Somewhat forgotten HBO classic from the same time.

If you have Netflix - Band of Brothers, The Pacific and SFU are all on there at the moment. Really miss when there were only a couple streaming services.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Don't know if you ever gave it a look when it first aired but I just started a rewatch of Six Feet Under. Somewhat forgotten HBO classic from the same time.

If you have Netflix - Band of Brothers, The Pacific and SFU are all on there at the moment. Really miss when there were only a couple streaming services.
Is that the one with a young Dexter in it?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So…cable again?

Yes, that's exactly what those fuckers want.

And they may make it a cheaper alternative now, but once they get a stranglehold again they will gouge people and remove all semblance of real choice.

You want Netflix? Great! Buy our Netflix package bundled with 49 other streaming services for just $50 dollars a month.

What? You want only Netflix? I'm sorry, that package is unavailable at this time.

Fuck every bit of that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes, that's exactly what those fuckers want.

And they may make it a cheaper alternative now, but once they get a stranglehold again they will gouge people and remove all semblance of real choice.

You want Netflix? Great! Buy our Netflix package bundled with 49 other streaming services for just $50 dollars a month.

What? You want only Netflix? I'm sorry, that package is unavailable at this time.

Fuck every bit of that.
Youtube has already done it.

Top Bottom