2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
From what I saw they had the dude doing all kinds of stuff. They had him line up as a pass rusher at times, they had him line up as a corner on a freaking play I saw. And then he was obviously their LBer as well in their scheme. I think they run a base nickel defense from what I saw. For reference this is a pretty honest take on the guy.

He looks really impressive when attacking downhill, particularly as a blitzer with his closing speed, combine that with his length and you might have a little something there. The problems seem to come when he's sitting back and reading out the play, hopefully he can learn how to diagnose from Kendricks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's the killer in all of this. They could have traded down and still gotten him. It's Nahshon Wright all over again
Wright was much more of a reach, this was bad but not to that level. I'd be surprised if this guy didn't turn out to be at least a solid rotational LB, Wright is pretty much useless.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's the killer in all of this. They could have traded down and still gotten him. It's Nahshon Wright all over again
Big difference here. I don’t think they had any plan for Wright other than admire his long arms. Zimmer, while misguided, thinks he has his guy. We were not dying at corner then and we still took him several rounds early.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see something like that, of course Hitchens was a 4 but I also thought Liufau was a 4-5 type so that tracks.
Yeah and I'm not saying in terms of style. In terms of style very different players. I just mean in terms a LBer who starts that you're OK with but that you probably don't like enough to give a second contract. That's what Anthony Hitchens was for us.

I would love for this kid to be the next Fred Warner but Fred Warner was a dude with great instincts and a cerebral guy. He could have easily gone in the late second. Ended up going in the third. Marist is more of a see ball get ball guy to me. Someone I would have been good with in the fourth and very happy with in the fifth. But maybe I'm wrong on the guy.

And even if I'm right about the player, that doesn't make him a Wright type pick. It doesn't make him trash. It just means he is an ok NFL LBer. I thought Cox was a steal. He turned out to be trash. So maybe I'm no expert on off the ball LBers. I'd have personally rather had Eichenberg. Dude went in the fifth round to the Raiders. But maybe he isn't the type of player Zimmer wants.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I had to do it all over again, I think I would have just taken Lloyd. I realize that this doesn't give us a LBer. But I don't think I trade Carson for the LBers that were left at that point.

I guess you could have take a trade down with that third, dropped into the fourth and got a different RB and added a pick that could have been a LBer. But I really think Lloyd was the RB I wanted. Maybe dropping down and getting Wright and picking up a fifth in the process would have been better. You could have probably drafted Eichenberg than.

In hindsight I feel like Jerry always had a plan to bring back Zeke. Hell they may have had a gentleman's agreement for him to sign after the comp pick period. And regardless of what our scouts were doing, I think Jerry went through this draft with the thought that he has Zeke, so picking a RB isn't that important. Dear god has he misevaluated Zeke and where he is in his career. I wish someone would have the balls to tell him that.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Dear god has he misevaluated Zeke and where he is in his career. I wish someone would have the balls to tell him that.
Or someone has told him and he DGAF.

p1_

DCC 4Life
In hindsight I feel like Jerry always had a plan to bring back Zeke. Hell they may have had a gentleman's agreement for him to sign after the comp pick period. And regardless of what our scouts were doing, I think Jerry went through this draft with the thought that he has Zeke, so picking a RB isn't that important. Dear god has he misevaluated Zeke and where he is in his career. I wish someone would have the balls to tell him that.
yes he did have that plan, and de-valued RB accordingly in the draft. It is the latest Jerry and Stephens version of the de-valued safety position from a few years ago.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If I had to do it all over again, I think I would have just taken Lloyd. I realize that this doesn't give us a LBer. But I don't think I trade Carson for the LBers that were left at that point.

I guess you could have take a trade down with that third, dropped into the fourth and got a different RB and added a pick that could have been a LBer. But I really think Lloyd was the RB I wanted. Maybe dropping down and getting Wright and picking up a fifth in the process would have been better. You could have probably drafted Eichenberg than.

They've definitely known Elliott was coming back for at least a week or two.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Ew.

I believe the boy is retarded.

He likes to run and run and run.

He is the black Ruprecht.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Hardly. Overboard hyperbole does nothing but weaken whatever point you might have had.
Both were third round reaches.

Draft sites had Liuafu as a 5th-7th rounder. Wright was similar

Both were taken to fit their new DC's style of player.

Where is the hyperbole?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Both were third round reaches.

Draft sites had Liuafu as a 5th-7th rounder. Wright was similar

Both were taken to fit their new DC's style of player.

Where is the hyperbole?
If you think Liufau and Wright are comparable players, then there's not much else to say.

And if you think he was a 7th rounder.... then I'll just leave you with this. :lol

Top Bottom